Hi Alex,

Thanks.  What is the current status of "HIP" ?  Layer I,II,III decoding working okay?

BTW: Greg, thanks for pointing out that mpg123 is not GPL.  I was thrown somewhat by
the fact that mpglib has made its way into many open-source projects, and that mpglib
was then relicensed as LGPL.
"18. May. 2001  I changed the license of the 'mpglib' part. It's now under LGPL "

Cheers
Simon

> mpg123 is GPL
> mpglib is LGPL - the version Lame uses is LGPL, with patches to enable
> Layer I and II decoding.

mpglib which lame uses is GPL. We have a mpglib in a seperate tree
(read: not in the distributed lame versions) which is LGPLed. When we
merge this version of mpglib into lame, we have a 100% LGPL lame.