Well, to correct myself a little, yes, there is a small infringement...
they would have had to mention the use of LGPL code.
That would be a nice thing in new Sony-CD-booklets: "This product
contains parts which are covered under the GPL/LGPL" ;)

All other claims are easy to handle by Sony: They send you the objects
files and point you to lame.sf.net for the source.

Cheers
  nils

Nils Faerber schrieb:
> Ivo Doko schrieb:
>
>>Excuse me if I got it wrong, but it's not all in money. I wouldn't sue them
>>because I could become a millionaire, I would sue them because of a
>>principle, and because they think they can do whatever they want without any
>>consequences.
>

> And additionally, isn't Lame LGPL and not GPL?
> This would allow Sony thi form of usage... pitily ;) I would have loved
> to trouble thme a little but I guess any claims against them are of no
> value.
>

>>Thank you.
>>Hope you'll sue them.
>

> Beter not, we would loose the case I guess. The LGPL explicetly allows
> that form of usage.
>

>>Cheers.
>
> Cheers
>   nils
>

>>On 11/16/05, Thomas Ochsenbein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>

>>>Hello,
>>>
>>>If you read the link below it appears that Sony have stolen the Lame
>>>encoder and violated your copyrights:
>>>
>>>http://dewinter.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=215.
>>>
>>>I believe that in America, you can sue for $150,000 PER INFRINGEMENT.
>>>Even if Sony only sold 1000 CDs, you could sue for $150 MILLION.
>>>
>>>If I was you I would NOT waste this opportunity to collect MILLIONS
>>>OF DOLLARS. I am sure you can find a lawyer who will take a % of the
>>>winnings, so you would not have any upfront costs.
>>>
>>>Lame involved a large amount of hard work. This is your chance to be
>>>MILLIONAIRES. Please do NOT waste this opportunity to get a well
>>>deserved reward.
>>>
>>>Regards,
>>>

>>>Thomas

Viele Grüße
  nils faerber

--
kernel concepts          Tel: +49-271-771091-12
Dreisbachstr. 24         Fax: +49-271-771091-19