Victor van der Veen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm looking for a way to encode (and decode) parts of a wav-file in a
> Ansi C program. I searched the Internet but I couldn't find any simple

[...]

> Is there anyone who can tell me where to start looking for examples for
> this subject? I already have the source code of the lame encoding
> project. lame.h does seem to be very usefull but it has a lot of
> features which I probably don't need. And it does not have a short
> example of how to implement the lame encoder.

Have a look at the "API" file which comes with the source code.

> Since this is my first post, I'm not sure if I'm doing the right thing.

There's also "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" which is specific to lame. The
mp3encoder list is specific to mp3 encoding (not only with lame).

Bye,
Alexander.

No one may kill a man.  Not for any purpose.  It cannot be condoned.
                -- Kirk, "Spock's Brain", stardate 5431.6