On 2016/03/09 18:06, Joerg Raftopoulos <jo...@raftopoulos.net> wrote:
> I propose the following new tags for MPD 0.20:
>
> COMPOSERSORT  analogous to (ALBUM|ARTIST|ALBUMARTIST)SORT

OK.

> TITLESORT     analogous to (ALBUM|ARTIST|ALBUMARTIST)SORT

Does anybody really sort songs by title?  And is a separate "SORT"
variant really necessary?

> LABEL         electronic [dance] music

That's just some company which sells the music.  Is this really
relevant for the MPD user?

> REMIXER               electronic [dance] music

OK (I wouldn't use that tag, but if you feel it's really important
...)

> CONDUCTOR     classical music

OK.

> LYRICIST      audiobooks and classical music

That's the guy who wrote the text?  Do we really need to differentiate
who authored the music and the text?

> LANGUAGE      audiobooks
> ISRC          identifier

OK.

> PERFORMER     drop or keep for compatibility

From a logical point of view, we should rather remove the "ARTIST"
tag.  What does ARTIST mean, anyway?  For most (pop/rock) music, it's
the performer (but not the author); for others, it's the author, and
PERFORMER describes who performed it.  But for pop/rock music, there
is no AUTHOR tag.

I guess we can't bring consistency here; people will be confused,
won't they?

> MOOD, RATING  Is this stuff really neccessary?

MOOD is something like GENRE?

RATING - whose rating is this?  This should better be kept in a
separate database (e.g. MPD stickers).