Hi,

there's good news from the Cary Audio front.

First, of course, the bad news, which is not new: MQA will not be open
sourced (thank $deity, because MQA is audiophile bullshit anyway).  We
knew that already.  Cary Audio can't fix that mistake.

Billy Wright sent me an email promising that Cary Audio would like to
continue to use MPD, and Cary Audio would also like to contribute to
MPD (and of course they'll be GPL compliant).

If they're serious and become an active member of the community, this
will be an excellent outcome for MPD.  That's the spirit of the GPL:
everybody helps improving the code, which benefits everybody.  That's
what I wanted to hear, and I told him that I agree to give Cary Audio
a new MPD license.

Let's do our best to help Cary Audio join the community.  And of
course hope that they're honest, and this is not just some attempt to
distract from the past problem.  After what they communicated before,
I'm cautious, but I hope for the best, and give them another fair
chance.

Max