2008/11/26 mabshoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On Nov 26, 2:51 pm, "Bill Hart" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> You are right. I think it won't be in GMP 4.3.
>
> Then the speed improvements for gmpbench are all related to the
> improved Opteron code?

If I were to speculate, I would say yes.

> I have heard that allegedly there will be a lot
> more Opteron assembly code in gmp 4.3 which could contribute to the
> better scores.

But I don't think we should speculate on any alleged improvements that
they haven't made public.

I also have my own ideas about how to improve multiplication in GMP.
I'd make them public, but this is an open source project, so it should
be shrouded in secrecy for now until we decide to make them public.

In the mean time I will be monitoring the gmp-devel list for any announcements.