Hi Mariah,

I don't know if you got any specific tasks from what was written last
week. But I've spoken to a couple of our developers and here are their
suggestions:

1) Set up build bot to do automated nightly testing of trunk from the
svn repo. Please discuss with Michael Abshoff.

2) Make a copy of the directory trunk in the svn repo, and call it
mpir-0.9.0 (development will continue in trunk and only patches for
the upcoming 0.9.0 release will be committed to mpir-0.9.0).

3) Try to build eMPIRe using the Sun Forte compiler with configure
--enable-cxx. Someone reported it doesn't pass make check. There may
or may not be more info on this in our trac system. You will need the
patch just posted to the list by Michael for /mpn/Makeasm.am (and you
have to run aclocal, autoconf, automake). I have no idea whether this
issue still exists, but it would be great to find out.

4) Post the "introduction" to eMPIRe development that I posted the
other day, for your benefit, to the wiki.

5) The section about mandatory patch review should be removed from the
wiki as should reference to Michael Abshoff as release manager.
Instead he should be listed as being in charge of Sage integration of
eMPIRe.

6) The website http://www.mpir.org/ should be made sightly more
functional. (You need to speak to William Stein about access). At
least we ought to have a basic page up describing eMPIRe, how to
contribute, who the main developers are, where to get the source and
any other pertinent facts that one would expect to see on a main page.

7) The titles [needs review] and [positive review] in trac, should be
changed to [done] or something that doesn't refer to patch review.

8) A CHANGELOG based on all the trac tickets with [needs review] and
[positive review] should be written and added to the main source
directory.

If you see anything in that list which you think you can do, please go
ahead. If anything is vague or needs input from us, please ask on the
list.

Others can feel free to add to the list. I didn't for example get to
ask either of the Jason's or Brian whether they had anything to add.

Mariah, if you can let us know which you are working on, that would be
great, as we'll collectively work on ones you don't get to.

Bill.