casevh wrote:
> Hello,

Hi,

> I am one of the maintainers of gmpy, a Python wrapper for GMP. I have
> added support to gmpy so it properly reports the MPIR version and
> properly displays the license information.
>
> I also tried compiling on various platforms. I tried to use the --
> enable-fat option on Windows 2000 using MSYS and mingw32. It fails
> with the error messages below. --enable-fat also fails on GMP 4.2.3
> and 4.2.4.

IIRC --enable-fat is only supported on Linux x86 (and maybe x86-64?),
so I am not surprised it is broken. We might for now want to disable
it building on anything but Linux x86 (and x86-64 provided it works)
and then revisit the issue once we have fixed the problems (assuming
we want to support it)

> Do you need additional information from me?

I don't think so, but did the "make check" report success on those
platforms you tested?

> casevh

Cheers,

Michael