On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 5:08 PM, Bill Hart <goodwillh...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the report.
>
> I'll make a trac ticket for this issue, and see if there is anything
> we can do to fix it. It's not clear at this stage, but we'll keep you
> posted.
>
> Is --enable-fat required for your application?

I'd like to be able to use --enable-fat to build a 32-bit Windows
binary for gmpy that can take advantage of different processors.
Otherwise, I need to pick the lowest common denominator, say a Pentium
3. To the best of my knowledge, it is only supported on 32-bit x86
platforms. I will try it on a 32-bit Linux system tomorrow.
> Bill.

I successfully built and tested MPIR on 32-bit Windows using
MSYS/mingw32 and Linux x64 (Ubuntu 8.10). "make check" passed as did
the gmpy tests and the mpmath test suite.

If you are interested, I can fire up my old Solaris Sparc box and see
if it compiles.

casevh