Case,

thank you, that would be very helpful.

I have just finished building and testing MPIR on cygwin. Apart from a
warning about undefined symbols in the library (it didn't specify what
they were), it built and passed make check just fine, even with
--enable-fat.

With regard to the demos issue, I *think* that this is due to use
using svn for our repository. It doesn't preserve file properties, and
one of the file properties for the relevant files indicates that it
needs to be rebuilt, thus prompting it to try and run yacc.

Quite possibly we can avoid this by building MPIR and doing make
distclean before making the release tarball. When I go to make the
release, I'll let you know in advance about the tarball and perhaps
you can verify whether the demos problem goes away. If not we'll have
to disable building of demos until we can find a proper solution.

Bill.