On Feb 5, 8:11 am, Bill Hart <goodwillh...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Not sure what we can do about this.
>
> Configfsf.guess is run first and it gives:
>
> x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
>
> This is passed to config.guess which tries to sharpen up the detection:
>
> 1) It runs a 64 bit x86_64 cpuid coded in assembly to get vendor
> string, family and model.
> 2) The machine returns AuthenticAMD, family 6, model 2
> 3) Config.guess correctly identifies it as some kind of Athlon
>
> The only way to get a 64 bit binary on this machine is to build with
> -host=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

Well, but there is still no ABI = 64 available in that case. I did try
to find a real world  AuthenticAMD, family 6, model 2 CPU, but I did
not nail it down to any specific model. It seems to indicate a 32 bit
AMD K6 somthing, so config & friends are correct to build 32 bits
only. So this looks more and more like a kvm/qemu config problem or
bug that we cannot work around and not break existing setups IMHO.

> Bill.

Cheers,

Michael