On Feb 12, 2:30 pm, ja...@njkfrudils.plus.com wrote:
> On Thursday 12 February 2009 13:29:33 ja...@njkfrudils.plus.com wrote:
>
> > On Thursday 12 February 2009 08:54:06 ja...@njkfrudils.plus.com wrote:
> > > As we have our first release now , I will go ahead and change the names
> > > of the library components to mpir. I will do this in trunk starting with
> > > r1601. It should be fairly straight forward and I imagine the testing
> > > will take longer than doing it. I'll do the changes one step at a time
> > > and each step will not build until I finish. So dont expect trunk to
> > > build properly for the next few revisions.
>
> > > Jason
>
> > It now passes the usual
>
> > ./configure && make && make check
>
> > and with --enable-cxx
>
> > I not done any thing with windows build
>
> > probably a few more things to do
>
> rev 1612 , just done the info files as well.
> I think this is everything except windows.
>
> Now to get testing....
>
> Jason

Hi All,

Before I start the changes for Windows, I would like to be sure that
file names won't keep changing as these can be costly for me to
implement.

It appears that we are going to keep the gmp-* files with their 'gmp-'
prefixes rather than changing to 'mpir-'  (e.g. gmp-h.in, gmp-impl.h
gmp-mparam.h).  Is this correct?

In particular, I generate gmp.h from gmp-h.in and then copy gmp.h to
mpir.h.  It appears that I don't need to change this since the gmp-
h.in name doesn't change and I end up with both gmp.h and mpir.h
anyway.