On Feb 12, 3:07 pm, ja...@njkfrudils.plus.com wrote:
> On Thursday 12 February 2009 14:48:00 Cactus wrote:

> > > rev 1612 , just done the info files as well.
> > > I think this is everything except windows.
>
> > > Now to get testing....
>
> > > Jason
>
> > Hi All,
>
> > Before I start the changes for Windows, I would like to be sure that
> > file names won't keep changing as these can be costly for me to
> > implement.
>
> > It appears that we are going to keep the gmp-* files with their 'gmp-'
> > prefixes rather than changing to 'mpir-'  (e.g. gmp-h.in, gmp-impl.h
> > gmp-mparam.h).  Is this correct?
>
> At the moment all I have changed are
>
> gmp.h to mpir.h
> gmpxx.h to mpirxx.h
> libgmp.* to libmpir.*
> libgmpxx.* to libmpirxx.*
> gmp.info to mpir.info
>
> so to the user , its a new library , I've left all the internal stuff alone.
>
> I can change gmp-h.in gmp-impl.h gmp-mparam.h  to mpir-*  ?
>
> > In particular, I generate gmp.h from gmp-h.in and then copy gmp.h to
> > mpir.h.  It appears that I don't need to change this since the gmp-
> > h.in name doesn't change and I end up with both gmp.h and mpir.h
> > anyway.
>
> >    Brian

Thanks guys,

I have just checked the name changes and they don't require ant
changes in the Windows build.

This is because I always end up with both gmp.h and mpir.h so it
doesn't matter what the files use either internally or externally.

I am a bit behind in translating JMs assembler into Windows format.
But I did try the recent revision of the mul_basecase code but it was
quite a bit slower than the older version on Windows so I stayed with
the latter.