On Feb 17, 10:01 am, Bill Hart <goodwillh...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> You can move stuff into trunk as soon as you like. I will check out
> the correct revision when I create the mpir-0.9 branch, and changing
> stuff in trunk will not affect that revision. I'll try and create this
> branch some time today. But feel free to begin the merge into trunk
> before then.
>
> Bill.
>
> 2009/2/17 Cactus <rieman...@googlemail.com>:
>

> > On Feb 17, 9:12 am, Bill Hart <goodwillh...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> >> One has to move the stuff across. This is one downside of svn. Then
> >> again, if a pile of patches gets made in some other system, chances
> >> are they don't apply anyway.
>
> >> Hopefully all the Windows fixes you made to both the experimental
> >> branch and trunk, or just to trunk. That way when you move the new
> >> Windows assembly code across, everything we currently have in trunk
> >> will be preserved.
>
> >> Bill.
>
> > Thanks Bill,
>
> > In order to keep the Windows stuff reasonably aligned with the rest, I
> > will move my assembler code across immediately after you have done the
> > rest of this move.
>
> > I must admit that I will be relieved to be able to work in one branch
> > only as I stand some chance of getting it to work.  Having two
> > branches active was doing my head in!
>
> > When will you be doing this?
>
> >    Brian

Hi All,

To get the Windows assembler changes in the experimental branch into
the trunk I also need to do the following:

1. delete addadd_n.c in mpn/generic
2. add divebyff.c, redc_basecase.c and sumdiff_n.c in mpn/generic
3. add t-addadd_n.c, t-addsub_n.c, t-divebyff.c, t-lorrshift.c and t-
redc_basecase.c to mpir/tests

and to change gmp.h to mpir.h in these files.

Are there other *.c or *.h files that have been changed or added that
I need to worry about?

I assume this will break the GCC trunk build so I want to confirm that
you are happy for me to do this before I actually do it.