Looking at addmul_1 for the core2 we have glitch at 11-14 limbs , this is
caused by a branch mispredict on a threshold changeover , may be worth
removing it or changing the threshold. Notice that it only seems to effect
the Apple core2 2.66 and the Xeon E5405 2.00 but not the other two core2
cpus. Are these older cpus ? different model numbers.I mean cpuid model
numbers either 15,22 or 29 ?  and the graphs look like they are diverging