On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 3:34 PM, Bill Hart <goodwillh...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I had a quick google for MPIR to see if anyone has noticed us yet.
> There's oodles of sage related pages about it. A number of gmpy pages
> mention us.

Not that my web site is very highly ranked but as soon as MPIR 1.0 is
released I plan on upgrading all the programs I support to use MPIR
and will have links to the website, plus I will be pushing it on
several web boards showing up much faster it is on Core2/AMD systems
compared to GMP 4.2.4.  Windows people will be especially excited
because even when GMP 4.3 comes out, they will not have access to any
of the new changes unless Brian redoes his Visual Studio project files
and modifies the code.

Many people haven't heard of MPIR before so once the news start
spreading a little I'm sure it will pick up fast.  And you once said
that MPIR is well known enough that getting hardware shouldn't a
problem, well if you know any companies looking to donate an Intel
Core i7 system, I would be happy to host it and pay for the power
bill.  ;-)

Jeff.