I have now tested 1.0 on an Itanium 2 system and all check outs.

vendor     : GenuineIntel
arch       : IA-64
family     : 32
model      : 0
revision   : 7
gcc version 4.1.2 20070115 (prerelease) (SUSE Linux)

The Windows MSVC projects all seem to compile fine in 32bit and 64bit
mode.  I'm having some problems with the automated tests though, when
I open the mpir-tests.sln I get a bunch of projects unavailable:

mpn.addadd_n
mpn.addsub_n
mpn.divebyff
mpn.lorrshift1
mpn.redc_basecase
mpz.perfpow

The actual test for the projects that are present and compile are all
fine for 64bit at least.

Jeff.