On Saturday 06 June 2009 17:43:07 Fredrik Johansson wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 4:11 PM, Jason Moxham<ja...@njkfrudils.plus.com>
wrote:
> > Looking at the existing toom code there are a lot of
> > mpn_addmul_1(....,2^k)
> > we should change this to
> > mpn_addlsh_n(....,k)
> > and write asm functions for this , for K8 this would be a macro to call
> > addmul_1 , and for core2,K10 a new function
> > Various other combinations can be done faster than we do at the moment ,
> > we just need to choose the most common or the easiest.
>
> On a related note, I would find an mpz_add(sub)lsh_n function extremely
> useful, for addition of floating-point numbers with different magnitude /
> exponent. Doing this by zero padding (possibly also forcing reallocation)
> is a pretty big waste of electricity.
>
> Fredrik

Yeah , I use the same for testing floating point and multiplication mod 2^k+-1

mpz_addmul_2exp()
mpz_add_2exp()
mpz_mulmod_2exp()
mpz_mulmod_2expm1()
....etc

Most were just fillers to make code simpler to read , I think only one or two
were efficient. mulmod_2expm1 was one , it was faster that the fft in
gmp-4.2.1!

Jason