On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 06:18:42PM +0100, Jason Moxham wrote:
> Some of them are so old they are not in the gmp manual anyway :) , some were
> from gmp version 1 or 2 back in 93?94? , perhaps we should just define them
> with configure option --enable-gmpcompat ?
> I think you have to make it slightly awkward for people to use the
> old/undocumented/obsoleted functions otherwise nothing would ever change.
> And without removing old stuff , mpir will get more and more complicated .

No problem if these are only enabled when gmpcompat flag is on.

On the same topic, in the 1.3.0-rc1 manual, mpz_nextprime and
mpz_probab_prime_p are tagged "obsolete", whereas in gmp manual they are
still perfectly valid functions. I suggest to also add these "before
fork" symbols when gmpcompat is active.

I might be an isolated case, but I would really like to be able to write
code that would run with both gmp and mpir, without having to recompile.

Pierrick.