On Dec 10, 5:55 pm, Bill Hart <goodwillh...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> But then why test for non-aligned limbs?
>
> Currently try test for all possible byte alignments! Or at least it is
> supposed to. I'm still not sure I see what is going wrong with try. To
> me this is still a puzzle.

Are you sure about this?

I have run try on this assembler code routine and watched it at low
level using a debugger and I have never seen it offer misaligned
limbs.

In contrast I have watched Dan's test and seen it offer 4-byte limb
alignment for 8-byte limbs - for which the code will either segfault
or fail depending on the target machine.