Well, Macaulay2 comes with thousands of tests, and only one failed,
deep inside a D-modules computation.  It took a lot of single stepping
to figure it out.  Part of the problem is that we have two custom
memory allocators, Boehm's gc and one copied from Singular-Factory
long ago.  The latter is used just when calling routines in the
Singular-Factory library (it's fast), which doesn't happen that often.