David Kirkby reported a bug on Solaris related to using stlport4 which
is a newer version of their library. It's our trac ticket #272.

A few days ago, whilst investigating this, I found the following from
Marc Glisse on the gmp mailing list which seems to be a comment
directed at us....

http://gmplib.org/list-archives/gmp-bugs/2009-February/001273.html

"Note that such a workaround should test that
_RWSTD_NO_TEMPLATE_ON_RETURN_TYPE is defined (hello MPIR...)."

I'll add a trac ticket for this and we'll have to figure out what the
hell he's talking about (unless he happens to be reading).