On 5 jan, 16:21, Bill Hart <goodwillh...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> David Kirkby reported a bug on Solaris related to using stlport4 which
> is a newer version of their library. It's our trac ticket #272.

That one is because mpir, in cxx/osdoprnti.cc, includes <cstdarg>,
which provides std::va_list, whereas it uses va_list. The easiest fix
is to include <stdarg.h> instead.

> A few days ago, whilst investigating this, I found the following from
> Marc Glisse on the gmp mailing list which seems to be a comment
> directed at us....
>
> http://gmplib.org/list-archives/gmp-bugs/2009-February/001273.html
>
> "Note that such a workaround should test that
> _RWSTD_NO_TEMPLATE_ON_RETURN_TYPE is defined (hello MPIR...)."
>
> I'll add a trac ticket for this and we'll have to figure out what the
> hell he's talking about (unless he happens to be reading).

Hmm, that's a bit old... The old standard library that comes with
sunpro can't handle some of the code, so mpir introduced a workaround.
If that is the case, it is strange that the workaround is not enabled
only when using sunpro with the old library, but whenever __sun is
defined (which basically means solaris). Now, the support of locales
in stlport4 or in libstdc++ (ie g++) on solaris is actually quite bad
(even though it compiles the code), so the workaround may still be a
good thing for those 2 cases as well (but for different reasons). The
macro I mention is the one that tests precisely whether we are using a
version of roguewave where use_facet has a non-standard api (and thus
the regular code fails to compile).

While I am here, let me mention that opensolaris now uses stdcxx (from
Apache) as its C++ standard library (for kde for instance), which
behaves much better.

Also, not too old sunpro (as any standard C99 compiler) could use
#define __GMP_EXTERN_INLINE inline.