Oh, it has definitely changed. Not all of the things they've been
working on have made it in, so in some sense they are actually being
modest about what they've been working on. But what has been released
is already quite a lot.

Their strategy of releasing a more bleeding edge version of GMP and an
older more stable version is quite a good one too, in my opinion.

Really, the fact that they now have asymptotically fast division,
after all this time, is quite an achievement. We should congratulate
them. They've also cleaned up the division so that if the quotient is
very small then the time approximately depends on the size of the
quotient. We basically have the latter in 1.3, but certainly not the
former.

They also worked on Toom 8. I didn't actually look to see if that is
used, but their release notes would suggest it probably is. Again,
that is a non-trivial achievement.

Bill.