One sensible solution would seem to be to set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH_64=/usr/local/gcc-4.4.1-sun-linker/lib/sparcv9 on t2,
but this actually doesn't seem to work. I'm not sure why.

However it seems that one can just add
/usr/local/gcc-4.4.1-sun-linker/lib/sparcv9 to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH (it
doesn't matter whether at the beginning or end) and this fixes the
problems on t2. Shouldn't this be done globally for all users?

Bill.