Dear Developers,

As many will be aware, we posted recently about the baseless and
unsubstantiated allegations on the GMP website and promised to
respond.

We had anticipated that merely drawing attention to this material
would lead to unprecedented public outrage and negativity towards
MPIR. Of course, no publicity is bad publicity and we felt that this
latest advertising would be the best yet. But sadly, the wave of extra
developer effort we anticipated from this just hasn't materialised.

After spending a few thousand dollars of precious funding on focus
groups and
taking prospective developers to dinner, we believe we've identified
the reason. The wave of hype did lead to a flurry of activity, but
just not in the anticipated direction.

As a result of this research, we've made some significant changes to
our
strategy. In particular, we wish to make an announcement:

In a desire to allow people to spend less time fruitlessly searching
MPIR releases for non-existent license infringements and hence more
time on new code for our benefit, we have decided today to consider
publishing future versions of MPIR under LGPL v3+ terms.

We'd like the community to comment on this proposal. An announcement
of our first v3+ version of MPIR will be forthcoming in a few days.

Best Wishes

The MPIR Team.

MPIR: "building our eMPIRe one bignum at a time"
"arithmetic without imitation"

P.S: a <sponsor | http://tinyurl.com/y9dky9z> has expressed interest
in a different <license | http://tinyurl.com/yhlegke>.