Hi Antony,

Thanks for the comments.

Naturally MPIR will remain Open Source in every possible way and we
will definitely be retaining full Windows support, including full MSVC
build support.

There'll be more (serious) license discussions in the coming days, so
I don't want to pre-empt that. Today's announcement was clearly an
April Fool's prank.

We certainly couldn't move to BSD or a more permissive license, as
we'd have to start again and throw out all the code we have that
wasn't contributed under the more permissive rules.

Bill.