First I would like to express my thanks to this group for help I have received
with building an Eiffel interface to MPIR, MPFR and MPC.  Particularly the last
assistance from Brian Gladman on MPFR solved my problems.  In general this list
has been very helpful and very friendly, sometimes some mailing lists are not.

A comment on MPIR and GMP: an announcement:

It seems to me that there is ill will between these groups and this is very
unfortunate.  I'm pretty sure that you blame each other for any ill will that
exist.  It seems to me that it would be helpful for both groups to find a way
to get along.  I'm a Windows user and understand that Torjborg Granuld (I'm
sure that I am spelling this wrong - sorry Torj) has no great love for Windows
but I have received personal help from him on issues regarding problems with
GMP and Windows.

Regards
Chris Saunders