Dear All,

you may be aware of statements on the GMP website regarding MPIR. We
have been passed email correspondence in which Torbjorn Granlund again
alleges that we are distributing a:

"renamed GMP package with license downgraded from LGPL 3 to LPGL 2.1"

But we have no idea what he means. If anyone has any information about
this, can you please post it here publicly to our list so we can
resolve this situation as soon as possible!

The allegations apparently relate to the MPIR website, but as far as
we know, all tarballs there are correctly licensed and prominent notices are
given as to their licensing status.

We sincerely appreciate anyone who can shed light on this issue or assist
us.

Best Regards,

The MPIR Team.