Hello, Gonzalo.

You wrote 3 мая 2010 г., 20:46:41:

> Although I'm more of a GPL (v2) type, and I wouldn't write BSD code
> unless I had a very good reason, I could consider relicensing some
> interface code like this.
> I've actually relicensed this code to LGPL v2+ (for gmpy), but I'm not
> sure I can go farther than that, since my code was based on GMP code
> (itself LGPL v2+ at the time).

There are exist two related conversion problems:
1) pylong <-> mpz conversion
2) pylong <-> "usual C-long" conversion

(1)  is very useful for MPIR-related stuff, while (2) may be used both
for  "Python  <->  MPIR"  and  for  general  "Python  <-> C" interface
construction  problem.

Looks  like that mpz_pylong.c/mpn_pylong.c units solve first problem -
but  not  second  one. But (2) may be efficiently solved with standard
PyLong_AsUnsignedLong(). Am I right?

Obviously, "pylong <-> mpz" will be used only by MPIR wrapper which is
LGPL, so LGPL 2.1 is OK for me. Could you send me 2.1-licensed version
of these files, if you OK with 2.1?

--
With best regards,
 Sergey                          mailto:sergey.bochka...@alglib.net