Hi All,

Regarding BSDNT (BSD Licensed MPIR) I think Bill mentioned targetting
pcc earlier on in conversation (cl/icc/gcc have also been mentioned as I
remember it). One thing that was suggested was porting pcc to Win64,
something I've been having a look at (which is what happens when your
primary contract is web design... you go LOOKING at compiler source).

Anyway - the Win32 build process is via pcc/os/win32/build.bat which
targets i386 win32. In terms of building the compiler, most of it
compiles correctly under MSVC 64 bit (Win7SDK x64 tools) with the
exception of two parts:
* ../../../pcc-libs/libpcc/_ftol.asm, a MASM 32-bit "ftol" function
(float to long I think, from the instructions). This doesn't assemble
under ml64 which seems to have trouble understanding the ml syntax.
* ../../../pcc-libs/libpcc/_alloca.asm, an implementation of alloca for
pcc which allows memory allocation on the stack.

These two pieces seem to hold up the build for the entire project - not
unsurprisingly, really.

Successfully converting these files to win64 would build us a 64bit PE
that compiles 32-bit obj. I believe pcc does not link but relies instead
on external linkers to turn translation units into PE/DLL/LIB as
necessary. Which means, the missing piece is creating 64-bit objects
compatible with the win64 ABI. I've not got this far yet as this was a
two-hour nosey last night.

Thoughts? (Website still in progress)

Antony