----- Original Message ----- From: "Cactus" <rieman...@gmail.com>
To: "mpir-devel" <mpir-devel@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, August 28, 2010 11:27 AM
Subject: [mpir-devel] Re: mingw64

On Aug 28, 9:59 am, "jason" <ja...@njkfrudils.plus.com> wrote:
Hi

I think I know why the mingw64 dll builds fail , for multiple functions files ie aors_err2_n.asm , in the MSVC build yasm emits both functions in a single "unit" , whereas under mingw64 we create two links add and sub versions (like we do for unix) , and also yasm still emits both functions , so we end up with two copys. The same must happen in the static build , but it doesn't seem to matter? I was planning to get rid of such complications ( or rather move them to development machines only , much like autotools generates Makefile.in) , a small script should easily take of it.

For the t-locale test , is there no way that MSVC will pass it ? , if so I'll ifdef it out , with ! _MSC_VER , because under mingw I think I can get it to pass , it looks like the redefinition of localenv just needs a DECLSPEC

The reason this test fails on Windows if the locale routine is defined
as a global is that the localconv symbol duplicates one in the MSVC
runtime library.

I have never worried about this test failure but it is trivial to get
it to pass since I can force the linker to build its output even if
there are multiple symbols and it will use the local symbol in
preference.

   Brian

Well I cant get it to pass with a static build , dll is OK , so I will just ifdef it out . I'm sure it passed under 32bit mingw on a static build , so the ifdef will be for msvc or win64 , so the test will be run in mingw32,cygwin

Jason