On Feb 11, 4:34 pm, jason <ja...@njkfrudils.plus.com> wrote:
> Hi , here is exactly how to do it , the installs seem consistent now ,
> as I deleted the whole thing and reinstalled and it worked every time
>
> The 64bit mingw comes configured as a cross compiler , which as far as
> we are concered just means that the gcc.exe etc are renamed to x86_64-
> w64-mingw32-gcc.exe so we have to pass these as params to configure
>
> Make sure all your old broken msys/mingw are deleted or out of the way
>
> Download MSYS-1.0.11.exe
> fromhttp://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/MSYS/BaseSystem/msys-core...
>
> Install it and select default options , a dos window will pop up ,
> answer "n" to the post install question (this stops it trying to find
> mingw which it seems to get very confused about)
>
> Download mingw-w64-1,0-bin_i686-mingw_20110207.zip
> fromhttp://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Toolchains%20targetti...
>
> unzip this file into the c:\msys\1.0\mingw directory
>
> Your ready to go , ie
>
> ./configure --enable-cxx CC=x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc.exe NM=x86_64-w64-
> mingw32-nm.exe
> AR=x86_64-w64-mingw32-ar.exe CXX=x86_64-w64-mingw32-g++.exe
>
> make and make check
> The shared build fails make check with C++ but this is only because
> autotools gets the wrong directory for the dll , this was known
> before.
>
> A cross compiler is a pain , so to make it native we just rename all
> the exe's in the c:\msys\1.0\mingw\bin directory to give them the
> usual names via
>
>  for i in *.exe ; do mv $i $(echo $i | cut -d - -f 4) ; done
>
> which will do all but 1 file
>
> Then we can just use the usual
> ./configure && make && make check
>
> I cant see any reason why later versions won't work, but as they make
> a lot changes per week , I think we should stick to the stable ones.
>
> If someone would like to confirm that this works on their machines
>
> Thanks
> Jason
>
> On Feb 10, 11:42 pm, Jason <ja...@njkfrudils.plus.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi
>
> > MinGW64 installs seem to be problematic , and so far MPIR only works on my
> > install and even then I had to rename some MinGW64 binarys etc , however the
> > MinGW64 seem to of released a version-1.0 , so I will delete my current
> > install and install exactly what they say on their page , and target that.
>
> >http://mingw-w64.sourceforge.net/
>
> > Jason

I am interested in what happens to the assembler code when MPIR is
built with mingw64.

Does the build pick up the *nix assembler code or the WIndows
assembler code or is it only generic C

I assume it can't use the *nix code because the calling conventions
are wrong but I am interested if it picks up the Windows assembler.

I guess I could try this but the last time I tried it didn't work
because I have my *nix stuff installed in 'Program Files (x86)' (I
don't want to use non-standard directories for executables as it
messes up my security policy settings).