Hi Jason,

This is great!

So far:

On selmer (k102-unknown-linux-gnu) everything passes.

On my 48 core AMD Magny Cours it misconfigures as
x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu (should be k102):

vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 16
model           : 9
model name      : AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 6174
stepping        : 1

However make -j48 works (in 13s :-)).

On sage.math (penryn-unknown-linux-gnu) everything passes.

On redhawk (k102-unknown-linux-gnu) everything passes. However, there
was this when running make check:

memory.c: In function âtests_reallocateâ:
memory.c:111: warning: format â%uâ expects type âunsigned intâ, but
argument 2 has type âsize_tâ
memory.c:111: warning: format â%uâ expects type âunsigned intâ, but
argument 3 has type âsize_tâ
memory.c: In function âtests_freeâ:
memory.c:153: warning: format â%uâ expects type âunsigned intâ, but
argument 2 has type âsize_tâ
memory.c:153: warning: format â%uâ expects type âunsigned intâ, but
argument 3 has type âsize_tâ

There are similar warnings for various other files, e.g. io.c.

On todd (pentium4-pc-linux-gnu) everything passes.

On a turion-64 laptop with Windows "I'm so bloody slow" Vista, with
the latest Cygwin (k8-pc-cygwin) everything passes (after installing
gcc, g++, gnu make, m4). I only have MSVC 2010 on this machine, and it
is so slow it brings my laptop to a halt if I even run it, so I can't
test this.

I tried to build on t2, but it just says there is no working compiler,
which sounds about right. I guess compilers are a "gnu thing" and not
available on solaris (or more likely I have some environment vars set
incorrectly, but can't be bothered figuring it out).

I only did a standard build and make check in each case, nothing fancy.

The new set of supported arches looks much more realistic but still
quite comprehensive of what people actually use, and the cleaning up
is making things look much more maintainable. I hope this encourages
people that they can contribute to MPIR now, given that it is becoming
much simpler to do so.

Congratulations on getting full assembly support in MinGW 64! That is
a really significant achievement for MPIR!! I think the MinGW 64
project would surely like to hear about this.

Bill.