On 1 Dez., 02:09, Jason <ja...@njkfrudils.plus.com> wrote:
> Heres the fix
>
> we have to change Makefile.am to
>
> install-data-hook:
> if WANT_GMPCOMPAT
>         (rm -f $(DESTDIR)$(includedir)/gmp.h && cp mpir.h
> $(DESTDIR)$(includedir)/gmp.h)
> if WANT_CXX
>         (rm -f $(DESTDIR)$(includedir)/gmpxx.h && cp mpirxx.h
> $(DESTDIR)$(includedir)/gmpxx.h)
> endif
> endif
>
> ignoring the line ending changes because of my email
>
> then run autoreconf on boxen
>
> I can issue a mpir-2.1.4 tomorrow as I'm testing the new 2.2.0-rc3 , this is
> not problem as the change is trivial and obvious.

Thanks, this will obviously fix it.

I must admit I was rather thinking of adding an explicit prerequisite
like install-nodist_includeexecHEADERS.

Btw, at least when configuring 2.1.3 with non-empty CFLAGS (which we
do in Sage), we also have to add

 * -Wl,-z,noexecstack to clear the (erroneously set) executable stack
attributes causing trouble on Fedora 14 (and other SELinux-enabled
systems),

 * -Wa,-force_cpusubtype_ALL on MacOS X [10.5] PowerPC [G4], at least
with Apple's XCode GCC 4.2.1, since otherwise the assembler rejects
some code which makes use of an extended instruction set (AltiVec
extensions I think). (See
http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/8664#comment:47
ff. Interestingly, this apparently wasn't necessary on a MacOS X 10.4
PowerPC G5, with XCode GCC 4.0.1.)

(We also remove a lot of x86 assembly code on 32-bit MacOS X 10.4 and
10.5 Intel due to PIC issues, though I'm not sure if this is really
still necessary.)

-Leif