> ---------- 2 of 4 ----------
> From: Bill Hart <goodwillh...@googlemail.com>
> Date: Feb 10 10:07AM
>
> Unfortunately I don't know what is causing this. Jason Moxham did most
> of the recent work on Cygwin and did lots of testing. It should be
> fine. I can only recommend ensuring you have the latest Cygwin. If
> there is still a problem, maybe try adding a #include <string> as you
> suggest and see if the problem goes away. This problem is certainly
> confined to certain versions of Cygwin it seems.
>
> Bill.

Alarm bells are ringing loudly.

I hope that everyone who is using Cygwin are aware that they CAN NOT
DISTRIBUTE BINARIES BUILT UNDER THE FREE CYGWIN LICENSE.  If you do so,
the corresponding source must be released under the GPL.

If you pay for the commercial Cygwin license, or distribute source only
you're OK.

I ran into this one some years ago when I was forbidden to distribute
binaries built under Cygwin because the corresponding sources were BSD
licensed.

I STRONGLY recommend that you do not use Cygwin in the Windows
environment.  Use MSYS/MinGW to avoid infection with the GPL virus.

Paul