Well, it's answered here:

"If you distribute the Cygwin™ DLL, either in its
original form or in a form modified by you, you must adhere to the terms
of the GPL, i.e. you must provide sources for the Cygwin™ DLL"

That's basically what Paul said.

It doesn't make your app GPL'd though, apparently, so long as your
license was OSI approved.

Bill.