----- Original Message ----- From: "jason" <ja...@njkfrudils.plus.com>
To: "mpir-devel" <mpir-devel@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2011 11:26 AM
Subject: [mpir-devel] Re: MPIR-2.3.0-rc2 released

Hi

another pass

nehalem-w64-mingw32 gcc version 4.5.3 20110207 (prerelease) (GCC) on
BOX11

However cygwin doesn't like the noexecstack at least with gcc-3.4 and
shared lib.

Nor does mingw32

The proper way to is to use an autoconf test for noexecstack , I'm not
too sure how to do this , and if it's fairly involved it probably
better leaving it until v2.4 and just excluding nonexecstack from
cygwin (just like we do for mingw64)

I've set configure to only enable noexecstack when gcc and config.guess is *-*-linux-gnu ,
just testing it now and will release rc3 in a few hours.

As for writing an autoconf test for noexecstack , we may not need to do it , I remember , I think? , that is was only the GAS assembler that needed it , so when we change to all YASM in v2.4 , we can forget it :)

Note: Cygwin compiles the tar ball mpir-2.3.0 OK , but fails to
compile trunk sometimes , I'm pretty sure this is a broken svn on
cygwin , I have a better look next week.

Jason