On Thursday 03 March 2011 10:34:55 Jeff Gilchrist wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 4:30 AM, Jason <ja...@njkfrudils.plus.com> wrote:
> > it fails because sizeof(long)=8 still
> >
> > Did this work before on previous MPIR's ?
> > You could try CFLAGS=-m32 +whatever
>
> No idea if this failed before since ICC is a fairly new to that system
> so I had never tried it before.  Those systems seem to be down right
> now so I can't try it on an older version either.
>
> > PS Have you tried the new MinGW64 , they do seem pretty stable now :)
>
> I haven't had a chance to install MinGW64 as per your instructions yet
> since things have been so swamped around here lately.
>
> One thing I have been meaning to ask you, when you run tests on your
> systems, what exactly are you testing?  Can you post what config
> options you use, and do you just do a make check or do you run other
> things as well?  It would be good to know so that I can try at least
> the same tests on my systems to be consistent.
>
> Jeff.

see the script in the svn at mpir/test_stuff/mpirtest which basically is
loop for all compilers on the system (ie in PATH)
for windows loop for enable-shared and enable-static
for x86/x64 loop for fat and non-fat
do configure OPTIONS && make && make check
where OPTIONS are

none

--enable-cxx --enable-gmpcompat

--enable-cxx --enable-gmpcompat --enable-assert --enable-alloca=debug

--enable-cxx --enable-gmpcompat --enable-assert --enable-alloca=debug --
build=none-SYSTEM-TRIPLE

This corresponds to  default build , maximum feature build , max debug ,
stupidly max debug

There are a few hacks in the script to cover some partially broken systems etc

Thanks
Jason