On 10/03/2011 14:21, Bill Hart wrote:
> On 10 March 2011 13:07, Steve <sjh_goo...@shic.co.uk> wrote:
>> I'm wondering, is it safe to re-use the same structure as both the first
>> and second arguments to mpz_...() functions...
> Yes, that is always safe, unless it is explicitly documented otherwise.
Thanks for the clarification... I'd tried a few test cases, and they
seemed to work - I just preferred to be cautious and assume that I
couldn't trust it was OK unless I could find documentation saying so.
> I don't understand the question.
> An mpz is a completely different structure to an unsigned machine integer...
I think you've over-analysed...

I just wanted to extend the question from mpz_add_ui() - which might
have been a special case - to include a more general one, too.

It felt odd to pass the same value as the first two parameters - that's
all. :)