----- Original Message ----- From: "Cactus" <rieman...@gmail.com>
To: "mpir-devel" <mpir-devel@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, May 08, 2011 9:01 PM
Subject: [mpir-devel] Re: MSVC command line build

From: "Cactus" <rieman...@gmail.com>
To: "mpir-devel" <mpir-devel@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, May 08, 2011 8:28 PM

Unless I have misread your batch file, you are also defining
__GMP_WITHIN_GMP and __GMP_WITHIN_GMPXX when you build the tests.

If I am right, this will turn off the ability of the linker to import
data from the DLL.

Brian

Yes thanks , that compiles now , but wont run as it can find it at run time

What is the 'it' that it can't find?   Do you mean that it can't find
the DLL?

  Brian

yes , similar problem in mingw64 with c++ , and if i copy the mpir.dll into the same directory as where the test.exe is then it works