I was worried about the MSVC command line build but I now realise that this
does do a FAT build (at least I don't think it does).  I have translated
fat_entry.asm for YASM (an interesting exercise!) but I am not sure it is
useful since some of the symbols it uses are alien to Windows (WIndows
doesn't have a Global Symbol Table)  I assume that someone has faked them in
the mingw64 build.

Unless special measures are taken, it is illegal to write to the code
segment in Windows and I don't see the required calls in fat_entry.asm to
make the changes to the pointers in the tables legal.  Maybe mingw64 turns
the page protection off globally (bad practice)?