I now have the Python build configuration working for Visual Studio 2010.
It scans the assembler directory tree to identify the possible builds,
allows the user to select one and then constructs the project files needed
for a Visual Studio 2010 build.

It relies strictly on the assumption that all levels in the assembler
directory tree provide a possible build configuration and hence identfies
these builds

1. gc-win32     (win32)
 2. mmx          (win32)
 3. p0           (win32)
 4. p3           (win32)
 5. p3mmx        (win32)
 6. p4           (win32)
 7. p6           (win32)
 8. pentium4     (win32)
 9. sse2         (win32)
10. atom           (x64)
11. bobcat         (x64)
12. core2          (x64)
13. fat            (x64)
14. gc-x64         (x64)
15. k10            (x64)
16. k102           (x64)
17. k8             (x64)
18. k8only         (x64)
19. nehalem        (x64)
20. netburst       (x64)
21. penryn         (x64)
22. sandybridge    (x64)
23. westmere       (x64)
The fat build isn't supported right now and I assume the k8only build is
meaningless.

I only support bVisual Studio 2010 right now but it would not be hard to
output buiold projects in other XML based formats