On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 1:43 AM, Cactus <rieman...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Case,
>
> I think the ability to build using any of the compilers you mention would be
> a good addition.   Jason maintains the command line build so the changes
> would need to go to him.
I'll send copies to Jason when I'm finished with them.

> MPFR builds with mpir-exp and all tests pass.  MPC also builds with mpir-exp
> but one test currently fails due to what is probably an FFT bug that still
> has to be tracked down.
Okay.

> The major problem with both MPFR and MPC is that all the ui/si functions
> will have the 32 bit integer length problems on Windows x64.

I don't think that is a big issue. MPFR and MPC both support intmax_t
and uintmax_t for assignment and conversion. Only the combined
mpfr_t/long and mpc_t/long functions would not support 64-bit
integers.
> To solve this we either have to persuade the MPFR and MPC teams to adopt the
> gmp_ui/gmp_si solution in their releases or we will have to fork both MPFR
> and MPC.
To reinforce that these new types are MPIR specific, should they be
called mpir_ui/mpir_si?

> I doubt that they will be keen on the former and I don't think we have the
> resource needed to do the latter.
>
> Any thoughts on the issue will be much appreciated.   Is this facility still
> useful in MPIR evn if we cannot adopt it in MPFR and MPC?
Yes.

Case