On 27 September 2012 02:19, Pavel Holoborodko <pa...@holoborodko.com> wrote:
> Few more details on my tests.
>
> In total I've tried to compile such revisions: 3850, 3899, 3921, 3947.
>
> All of them didn't compile without autoreconf -i, same error as I described
> in my first e-mail came up every time.
>
> ****
> With the following sequence these revisions were compiled fine:
>
> autoreconf -i
> ./configure --prefix=/mingw --host=i686-pc-mingw32 --enable-gmpcompat
> make
>
> Moreover config.h was properly populated (even few HAVE_NATIVE were
> defined), please check config.h created for 3947 revision in attachment.

Thanks for the extra information.

This is definitely an autotools problem. It's not something we can fix
as far as I can tell. The version of autotools on our linux
development machine does not produce a MinGW compatible build. Clearly
the one on MinGW does.

Perhaps we will find that someone else has encountered this problem
with some other package and has found a bug fix or solution.

> @Bill Hart
> I don't have antivirus and I run MSYS under administrator privileges.
>
> @Sisyphus
> Although HAVE_NATIVE_mpn_addmul_2 was not in config.h, there are few other
> HAVE_NATIVE switches were defined.

Of course, whether or not this is defined depends on whether there is
a native addmul_2, which there isn't for many machines (it's not often
more efficient).

> Hope this helps somehow. Let me know how I can assist you further.
> ****
>
> One more thing, I've been using MPIR in commercial project - Multiprecision
> Computing Toolbox for MATLAB, http://www.advanpix.com
> Usage of MPIR is clearly attributed on the product's main page as well as in
> "About" dialog.
>
> I don't know the rules, but is it "Ok" to ask to put link to this project on
> MPIR page in (as project using MPIR)?
> I would appreciate this very much.

I personally have no objections. If no one else raises any, we should
be able to do this around the time of the release. It would seem to be
in our best interest to list packages that use MPIR.

Bill.