Hi all,

MPIR version 2.5.2 has been released!

This fixes the by now infamous redc_2 build issue. It also adds
support for a few additional CPUs and slightly better support of
internal macros used by MPFR-3.1.0.

We are also about to release an alpha version of MPIR 2.6.0 which
contains a completely new FFT implementation for fast operations with
very large integers. It will also provide more flexibility when
working with ui/si functions  (longs are not necessarily the same size
as intmax_t on Windows). Although we believe the new FFT is pretty
well-tested by this stage, we felt it important to have a nice stable
version of MPIR in the meantime (2.5.2) in case there are any
unexpected issues with the major release 2.6.0.

MPIR 2.6.0 will be announced separately when it is ready, though if
you have an unusual system on which you plan to run MPIR, we'd love to
hear from you on our mpir-devel Google group to help with
tuning/testing of the new major release.

Best Wishes,

The MPIR Team.