Hi all,

It is with pleasure that we release MPIR 2.6.0 alpha1. The source and
documentation can be downloaded at http://mpir.org/

This release contains a new FFT, support for intmax_t integers, a
Python build generator and various bug fixes.

The alpha version has been tested on only a few architectures at this
point. We appreciate any and all build/bug reports. Once testing is
complete, the status will be upgraded to beta or perhaps final.

Thank you to the all people who made comments on our development list,
who provided bug reports and helped with testing. This includes, but
is probably not limited to Case van Horsen, David Cleaver, Pavel
Holoborodko and Sisyphus.

A full list of code contributions to MPIR can be found in the AUTHORS
file in the source tarball.

Best Wishes,

The MPIR Team.