Hi Brian,

I have to go out, but ran a quick test. I get the following:

libtool: compile:  gcc -std=gnu99 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I.. -m64
-O3 -march=k8 -mtune=k8 -c misc.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/misc.o
misc.c: In function 'tests_rand_start':
misc.c:115: warning: implicit declaration of function 'gettimeofday'
misc.c: In function 'tests_hardware_setround':
misc.c:487: error: 'FE_TONEAREST' undeclared (first use in this function)
misc.c:487: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
misc.c:487: error: for each function it appears in.)
misc.c:488: error: 'FE_TOWARDZERO' undeclared (first use in this function)
misc.c:489: error: 'FE_UPWARD' undeclared (first use in this function)
misc.c:490: error: 'FE_DOWNWARD' undeclared (first use in this function)
misc.c:494: warning: implicit declaration of function 'fegetround'
misc.c:496: warning: implicit declaration of function 'fesetround'
misc.c: In function 'tests_hardware_getround':
misc.c:521: error: 'FE_TOWARDZERO' undeclared (first use in this function)
misc.c:521: error: 'FE_DOWNWARD' undeclared (first use in this function)
misc.c:521: error: 'FE_UPWARD' undeclared (first use in this function)
misc.c:521: error: 'FE_TONEAREST' undeclared (first use in this function)
make[4]: *** [misc.lo] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/wbhart/mpir-trunk/tests'

So I guess misc.c needs config.h.

Bill.