Hi all,

In discussing another issue with Paul Zimmermann, he noted the
following ugly jump in performance in the flint/mpir fft for
multiplying two integers of the given number of limbs together:

>         mpn_mul_fft_main
>      limbs               time
> 1046780    0.556109766
> 1046781    0.556993896
> 1046782    0.556378786
> 1046783    0.556399360
> 1046784    0.559116916
> 1046785    0.783891259
> 1046786    0.788226240
> 1046787    0.792805531
> 1046788    0.784128436
> 1046789    0.786670290
> 1046790    0.795639613

Obviously this is supposed to increase smoothly. So it suggests a
problem in the fft.

This could possibly be a few things I can think of:

* incorrect "tuning" values (not so much the values in fft-tuning.h as
the way the functions pick appropriate n, w parameters, etc)

* I am not doing the truncation correctly

* there is a big jump overall because of a big jump in timing of
individual pointwise multiplications

I haven't found the problem yet, but will endeavour to find it soon.
There is some limited hope that the fft times will improve if I can
find the problem (and it isn't too hard to fix).