I'm sorry, I got that wrong. Here is what Brian wrote last time:

"I should mention that the tuning is very unreliable on Windows".

I misremembered that and thought that it wasn't supported.

It should work, but as Brian said last time, you do have to interleave
builds with tests and the same with tune:

build v1, test v1, build v2, test v2, etc

or

build v1, tune v1, build v2, tune v2, etc

I don't know if this could be relevant. I'll butt out now and wait for
Brian to respond, as I don't know much about the MSVC builds.

Bill.